Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Border one completed..quilted

Last night I completed the first border. While I thought about many designs, this is the final decision. It began with just one pass of circles, then morfted into a second pass. I like the look against the red fabric. Just finishing the closing quilting around the outer edge.

I will begin working on the three blocks on the side. I found some of my other quilting books and have more to consider. I also experienced with using "seal and press" to copy the quilt design and then place over quilt and quilt over design. I tried machine quilting...just not for me. So yesterday did it on one of the placemats for Arizona home. I was very happy with the result. May have to try this technique on this quilt for some of the blocks.

Half circles positioned.


Quilting template with use of "press and seal".


No comments:

Post a Comment